Thursday 5 December 2013

Weekend with my favourite AFSer Holly!

Holly and I had another super fun weekend together, this time she came to my place.
With this being our 5th sleepover I think we can say we have traditions now! There's always clothes shopping, we stock up on lots of clothes and don't buy more until we're with each other again. That's not really intentional but I guess we get too busy to go shopping more often. At the end of the day we always stop at a supermarket and buy lots of unhealthy but so good French food to eat at night time. I don't feel so guilty about that because I never buy that stuff without her! Plus we can be fat together at the returnee camp in New Zealand next year ;).
At night time we always skype other New Zealand AFS students (who we met on the amazing orientation camp we had before leaving). I want to make a shout out to Graeme in Sweden, Hugo in Spain, Austin in France and Hugh in USA! You're all awesome.


During the weekend with Holly we did exactly that among other things. It's so funny walking through malls together speaking English, everyone turns around and stares at us (not descretely at all) haha. We think we're becoming accustomed to getting so much attention, what will we do back in New Zealand where we're normal?! Maybe we'll have to walk around speaking French hahah. After spending 5 hours in the mall, laughing so much and seeming like crazy foreigners, we went back to my place and I dyed and cut her hair that night! She says she loves it, i'm so relieved haha.
We got to sleep at around 3:30am, and the next day after skyping some more people my host mum took us about 20 minutes south into the mountains (Pyrénées) where everything is covered in snow!! We've had a bit of snow here where I live but nothing like in the Mountains, some places I stood it almost went up to my knees!
That was Holly's first time seeing snow up close as she's from Auckland! We had SO much fun making snow angels, having snowball fights, sledding and just running around and posing for the camera haha. We also spoke a lot of French to each other that day and proved to ourselves that we could do it. It was really nice of my host mum to take us there, it was defnitely a moment i'll never forget!!

Holly has 2 more months left in France, i'll be so sad when she leaves! It'll be sad not having our weekends together in Pau and here at my place every month or so. I hope we can skype or something and talk about everything! 








Holly so excited :p























No comments:

Post a Comment