Tuesday 22 October 2013

Camp au Liron!

So 2 weekends ago we had our first local chapter camp! My chapter is the Toulouse one although it is almost two hours away from where I live. My chapter said that they're planning a soirée for us in Toulouse.. Ah I can't wait!! I really want to go there these holidays, my two host sisters live there so I'm really hoping I can!

After about an hour and a half of driving from my home I arrived at Liron where we were to have our camp. it was so picturesque! Farmland, beautiful trees and small villages. The place we stayed at was this big stone building with these cute tents that we slept in. It looked so inviting, got to love French architecture!
After everyone arrived we talked a lot together.. sometimes in English, but we would get told off by the volunteers haha. We actually spoke more French than I thought we would! It was so amazing to see the improvement in everyone's French in just one month. I sometimes worry that I wont ever become fluent, I just can't imagine myself being able to think freely in French. But I'm here for 10 months, it will come. I'm just impatient haha.
After some group sessions with the volunteers about our exchanges, we then had time to prepare for the Talent Show later on that night. We decided to do a strange dance, where the other 5 girls wore prom dresses and me.. well I wore this big freaky cloak thing, it was really flattering ;). Of course I couldn't take it seriously haha. 
We choreographed a dance 5 minutes before showing everyone, It was so funny and I did 'the worm' in my big cloak, it looked so strange later looking back on the video haha.
It was so great to see AFS students again that i'd met in Paris from USA, Belgium, Chile and also another New Zealander! For some reason our accents sounded so strange to each other, I guess I'm realising what us New Zealanders sound like! My chapter has more things planned for us in the future like going skiing together. Skiing in France.. I'm SO excited!

Bisous xx


Sabrina, me and Carissa

All of the students








No comments:

Post a Comment