Tuesday 5 November 2013

Les Vacances! (Holidays)

Hey everyone!

Wow it's been a while since I wrote on my blog, so now i'll fill you in on some of the things I spent my holidays doing!

The last day at school before my 2 weeks of holidays was so awesome, I started to feel like I belonged there because of the activities I'm involving myself in and the friends I've made. So I was a little sad to go on holidays, most of my closest friends here were going away and I thought I'd be stuck in the house bored, but I wasn't!..

During the first week Loany my host sister came to stay. Her and I have SO much fun together. We're always laughing, being crazy and I feel like there's nothing that we haven't talked about! It's our mission to do really fun things together, some activities we're looking forward to doing are skiing, horse riding, mountain climbing and l'accrobranche (a confidence course thing high up in the trees).
Her and I went indoor rock climbing, she'd never done it before so it was a really funny experience but seeing her trying to work the rope underneath me I must admit made me a little scared for my life haha. But after that she did so well! She looked like a little monkey, you couldn't even tell it was her first time. I really enjoyed it, it uses so many muscles of your body and it's actually a pretty good workout. I'm thinking of doing it as a club at school! The man working there showed us other things like climbing up a wall which then turned horizontal, without harnesses or any help! So we attempted to do that too, but we laughed so much so it was difficult to keep my strength up!
Other things we did were shopping, a photo shoot ;), watched movies, went out for a big lunch with all the extended family too, and on lazy days at home we painted while talking and listening to music.

The day that Loany left Holly came to stay at mine and the day after I caught the train with her to stay at her place! Our time together consisted of shopping, so much talking and laughing, Skyping with other New Zealand AFSers on their exchanges, and definitely a lot of eating not so healthy French food. But I've been exercising almost every day here (my brother will be proud :p) and i've only got 8 months left so I should experience as much of the French culture as I can (within reason) haha. Oh and we rode a carousel! What a funny experience, people were watching us and giggling because It was for little kids but with the fact that we're foreign we feel like we have an excuse to do weird and crazy things :p.
Having Holly just a 20 minute train ride away is such a highlight of my exchange, I can't believe I didn't know her very well until we were both in France catching the train together down from Paris to meet our host families. It was on that train that I realised what an awesome person she is, I'm glad she's living so close and 
we're already organising things to do next time we hang out!



Haha Loany! See my glass? That's a family joke to fill someone's glass right up. They got me..






We had a family lunch here, so picturesque!

Lunch

Me and Loany





Tarbes with Holly


Pau with Holly :)

Pau

Not the Carousel we rode sadly, but still cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment